Monday, June 9, 2008

The Day I Went Missing

Has it ever happened to any, that there are about a hundred odd people trying to reach you, and you have your mobile tucked away safely in your bag and getting on with your life.
I have and I tell you it ain't nice at all.

Just the other day I met a friend after really long time in CoffeeDay, and we began to yup away to glory while my family was trying to reach me. With the loud music and all the stories we had to exchange, I never for once thought of checking the time let alone my cell!!

It was when I got back home of course well within the curfew time, I realized I had caused a panic attack in the world I knew. I checked my phone and there it was, about 17 people who had called maybe close to a 30-40 times with 5-6 messages "wru" "y u not pickin call?" "call bk". It all happened just because I had not left behind any proper number of any of my friends back home. And in the process of tracking me down my family had called up every single soul they had a number of, and they in turn had called me (which I was oblivious to) and called someone else and the chain-call had just continued (Its exponential I tell u). It had reached Mysore, Hyderabad and Delhi. If I hadnt turned up by then, they all were ready with the search teams.!!

Phew!!!... I had to call up everyone who tried to find me and apologize to them and had to listen to their reprimands and lectures - given for my own well-being. Shoot.. I felt like an idiot!! I cant imagine I had caused a panic attack, Gosh!!..I have never been this irresponsible before!! It took a good one hour for me to return all the calls.

Next time, I will make sure I leave behind the correct number of the friend I am meeting up with, or better never forget to give my location co-ordinates to the people who care.

3 comments:

FlyingHigh said...

hehehe.

Though I ws very upset no one contacted me. I am your best friend :P

raven said...

hee hee..
the fact that the call had gone all the way to mysore was jus to get in touch with u..:)
so u see the mysore calls were jus proxies to reach 'YOU'!!!

Arvind said...

That's the irony of cell phones. It wouldn't have caused such a panic if there was no mobile phones :(