Friday, June 13, 2008

Bangalore at 6AM

Recently I made a resolution to myself that I would treat myself with some good "morning walks". To a nocturnal and a couch potato like me, Morning Walk meant two disasters clubbed into one package , one - I had to get up atleast 45mins earlier than usual and two - a workout and me just don't go together.

But determined I was, for this whole week shradz would inspire me to wake up and go for it, she would give me a wake up call at 6AM, and I also had 2 alarms timed 6 and 6:05. But then, come on, you can always snooze the alarms and cut the call..:) Thats what I did until today.
After lot of self-determination I did wake up at 6:05 today, and I was already so proud of myself.
I freshened up myself, the fact that I was still in my tees and jeans from yesterday when I slept was a help, I hit the road in less than 5 minutes. I had my nike jacket, adidas shoe, music on and a high tied pony, all set for the endeavor.
There was no human soul(of course there were the infamous stray dogs) on my road, I just took a deep turn down the road, coz I knew there was a park at the other end of my colony. It was a beautiful morning, not so chill, a bit cloudy but not so misty, it was perfect(almost too perfect to have gone under the sheets) but I carried on. I put on the radio and tuned to some random channel playing some hindi music, the "dingchak" kinds , I needed all the inspiration I could get.
On the way, I spotted a kid cycling , I just had seen the guy who brought us the newspaper everyday. I saw my dhoodwala too for the first time
I hit the park hoping to find atleast some human presence, and was not all that disappointed, there were few middle-aged and oldies already doing the rounds and some yoga. I was the youngest of the lot.(was I proud of myself or what?)
This park had a fierce tiger and 3 deers at the core lawn, while we would circle them on the pathway. It was a small park but very well maintained, there was music on the speakers placed at the center too. Well, I wasn't interested to listen to some 'suprabatha', so I stuck to my radio still playing some ding-chak songs. I overtook the oldies on the pathway a couple of times, and one 'thatha' would smile at me everytime I passed by him, well I think I have already made a friend in the first 10 minutes of the workout. I could not go on for too long, so at 6:45 I shut down the music and sat down on one of the stone benches enjoying the greens. It was different, it was ..uh... peaceful, something the recent Bangalore misses, there were no motors on the road, no honking, people taking a playful stroll, not rushing to get somewhere, some leisurely sitting, with no frowns on any face. I loved it.

I just love Bangalore at 6 am, do love Bangalore anyday, anytime, but at 6AM, I just love it all the more..:)
Looking forward to all the 6AMs..:)

4 comments:

realistic dreamer said...

haha! iam glad you loved ur 1st day of bangalore at 6am.. and i hope at the end of 1 month, u still feel the same!! or maybe u wont last 1 month and are found snoozing in ur bed instead of walking around at 6am! :P..

FlyingHigh said...

Oh yes...mornings are nice. Not on weekends though. Its 11:00 am and I am still groggy...

Good going with the walks, hopefully you'll meet other interesting people other than thatha. :)

raven said...

@realistic dreamer..Lol...true words.. i am not sure myself if i will actually last for a whole month!!

raven said...

@flying high
I was plannin of skippin the walks on weekends , got to know u did the same to when there was no ring in the mornin.
guess u dint chk out the statement i made earlier "i was the youngest of the lot"!!! but still thanks for the well wishes..:)