Friday, December 5, 2008

Silence...

After the mumbai attack there has been a million blog notes updated on the same. One such blog in particular caught my eye coz' it trashed all post-attack events like the parade in Delhi, Light a candle events held in localities, quoting that these were just mere actions by mere mortals and were useless. It said that there is no possible use that one might get out of lighting a candle far off from the place and time of attack, and is just a waste of time.

I beg to differ with the author's point of view, I strongly believe that as a mere mortals in a Democratic developing country, we need a voice and it gets stronger only when people get together and bring out issues outfront, this is the best, one like you or me can do.

We had a minute's silence in office today incidentally just after I had read the blog. And I believe gestures like these bring us all together, brings out an assurance that no one is alone out there in the midst of terror. We are all in this together, putting up a brave front for our peaceful existence.

-RN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally after reading the last paragraph. These gestures do bring us together, yes!

Silent prayers may be unheard but we share the loss of the victims' family and mourn for their loss.

If only.

raven said...

am glad u share my thots too..:)