Monday, December 22, 2008

MTV Makeover

MTV has gotten itself a makeover, its more colourful and the framespace is well utilized for the logo on top-right, new-shows ad on the top left, marquee tickr on the bottom. I would give a full 10 on 10 for the look. But what it lacks is the quality in the shows it airs.

DND - Discover and Download has replaced the SuperSelect, this is definitely a good watch, though if you are a Internet junkie, you might be discovering more cool sites and downloading more fun stuff yourself than taking a hint from Niks.

I was a huge fan of Raghu and Roadies, I remember every Sat 7Pm last year, Shradz and I would watch it together and chat about it over SMS. I was hugely disappointed in everything that followed the much enjoyable auditions. The roadies were a bunch of losers, the tasks were lame, and the worst- roadies who couldn't ride a Bike, wasn't this show supposed to be all abt bikers??!! Quite expectantly I don't carry the same enthu to watch a whole new episode of Roadies - Hell down under coz I am sure, no matter how Raghu and Rajiv ridicule the contestants they will manage to pick the lamest of them all as roadies.

The other day I caught up on Gtalk, ex-roadies Shambhavi and Anmol host this show in weird costumes, I wonder if they decided to replace Mia, anyway this is yet another lame show with 2 blondes talking about things that doesn't concern you even in your wildest dreams!! May be the reason I hate this show is the fact that both these gals were the meanest foulmouthed characters on earlier Roadies. Is this the kind of message we want to spread - to be mean, arrogant and you get to be famous, what happened to all that "honesty is the best policy" motto that we studied when we were kids, I think its high time we go back to Moral Science books.

PS: I would give my 2 cents if they could play some good music at length in the least.

-RN

4 comments:

FlyingHigh said...

I am not shardz. I am shradz :X

Agree totally on gtalk. Even in roadies 6, they make it a point to select losers (sham. anmol types). I mean good people can be interesting too..why the messed up lot only they want? One good thing is shows like that make me feel good abt myself.

raven said...

@flyinghigh haha!! i always get ur name wrong..:(
add Bani to the list..yea, its a feel good factor..

raven said...

@flyinghigh correction made..hope u r happy now..:)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... I would have loved to meet Shardz :P

I still watch Roadies 6 but dont know if I want to dissect it in my blog like 5.0. The reason being, this time Raghu and Rajiv (I liked Rajiv a lot better although I know Shradz is totally loyal to the original) are selecting really lame characters who are far from being Roadies.

Example - the accent girl from Chandigarh, the rainbow girl (weird makeup and clothes) from Kolkata(?), the fat guy with shoes imported from somewhere that has not even been launched in India till now.

What a bunch of jokers!

I fear they're just adding interesting(?) characters to lend an air of drama to the show.

Whatever happened to clean, adventurous reality show?

The show's going downhill this way and the absence of heart-throb Rannvijay doesnt help either!