Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This Morning WFH..

This morning I woke up with a lousy feeling, don't even know what was wrong today. It was supposed to be a good day, I wasn't even getting up early to take the cab to office(Working From Home), and moreover there is a long weekend coming up and I am traveling to meet up my extended family for 3 days. What better reason to be glad about, but I wasn't glad instead had this uneasiness crept into me and I cant figure out what was bothering me.

Then it struck me, it was my sister. She had come down to stay with us for the week and she was going back to her in-laws today after work and not coming here to us. Its not actually that I get along with her perfectly well, we have our quarrels more than often, in fact that is how we communicate, we scream each other calling names, trying to hurt each others ego. As a matter of fact I had a quick fight with her at 6AM over my repeated snoozing of the alarm. But then, the wounded ego recovers quick enough for us to get back to normal. It was nice to have her home, it did feel like a full house. She is just about 15km from my place, its not like I cant give her a call anytime or meet her up anytime of the week but its just that the house looks a little empty and I am sitting alone here "WFH" and missing her already.
Damn you "Work From Home" option.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that WFM was another clever acronym for WTF (that you mentioned earlier in my blog) :P

Although WORK sometimes is indeed a four-letter word, so same difference there :D

raven said...

@ringchen I misled u to read my blog,huh?? :p
well, I got extra imaginative when i first heard the acronym in my org

Anonymous said...

Naah... I'm always free to read interesting blogs :P Thats what I go to office for - the internet connection mainly.

FlyingHigh said...

Sisters! I am the older one but theres a role reversal here and yes we use similar form of communication. :D. Btw you should let your sis read this. :D

raven said...

@flyinghigh true, i think all sisters are "like tat only", anyway.. i am gonna use this post when i have totally messed up and wanna make up wit her..
ha ha ha..(devilish laugh)