Monday, August 25, 2008

3 mistakes of my life

Just put down Chetan Bhagat's "3 mistakes of my life".I am not going to blog about what the books is all about and how it is coz I know there are already thousands of guys who have beat me on that earlier.
Though I would just say that it is a simple read, and nicely put issues faced by an average Indian youth, revovling around 3 Gujjus and their passions - Business,Cricket and Religion which incidentally are the passions of most Indians. And the power of Orkut!!

A famous quote from Churchill says “All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.”. One learns from mistake only when one realizes it was a mistake and registers it, so that next time you can go back to the day you made the mistake and know how bad it felt and you can work your way out of it this time.

Well, with me thats the problem. I don't remember most of them, and owing to that I am sure I have couple of (read hundreds of) repeats too!! (Lord when will I learn). My inner voice is already screaming out asking me not get started with the list of my mistakes, well alright I wont. Instead, I jot down the mistakes that I have been regretting lately.

Long long back in time when Bangalore was not yet an IT capital, I used to ride my sister's bike. One supposedly small break from driving led to not touching the bike for years. Now, I am so scared out of my wits to get onto the road with the vehicle that I fear I might never drive a car all my life. My first recent regret - Giving up driving.

Everytime I see the leftover wooden stump of the tree, it pricks and I find myself mumbling "I am so sorry". I was just another coward who could not stand up to fight for the environment when I go around preaching about it. It was a tough for me to face my rude bulldog material typed neighbour who was solely responsible for chopping down the tree just because there were too many fallen leaves to clean( Its spring for God;s sake what do you expect.!!!) Well, my second recent regret - I let the tree down, I am so sorry.

No comments: