Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birthday Bribes

I thought turning 26 would have made me a little smarter and a little matured. I was not going to bash anybody if they din't wish me a "Happy Birthday". It was too childish for someone who was on the other side of 25 to have a grudge over such inconsequential details. Well, I wasn't all that grown up.

Two of my close friends forgot my birthday. The belated wishes came in 2 days later from one(U) and got enough hissings from me. I would not stop cursing for having forgotten it.While the other friend (B) was totally oblivious. I waited for a whole week thinking the call might come, and it never did. So, running out of patience,like a true 'matured kid' I mailed a one-liner "You forgot my birthday, donot call :X".


Coming back home yesterday I found a postal delivery for me and I knew. A cute coffee mug, an even cuter teddy and a card that said "Best Pals" was the bribe to calm me down and I made the call.

Now to think of it, I am sure I wont mind if anyone misses wishing me as long as there are bribes like these to make me forgive and forget. Thanks B and N (for fooling me into giving my addr).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You turned 26! Welcome to the dangerous side of the 20's. Have a pleasant stay :P

I will be out of your league next year so I'm quite envious, candidly speaking.

Hope you had a blast!

FlyingHigh said...

Haha I wished..so no gift. :P

raven said...

@rinchen thank u!, trying to get used to being a 'late twenty'..oh!! you have a crossover waiting for you?!! another year is a long time..

@flyinghigh yea yea u wished, but somehow i cant get ur words out of my mind "from this year on we will ve to exchange gifts for bday". I gave u one(lot of effort went into it), whrs mine now????

FlyingHigh said...

Ok yeah that was mean. Yours was so nice, hand made at that too. Will give you something when we meet next. Promise.

realistic dreamer said...

awww those gifts are soo cute!..
btw, Belated birthday wishes! :)