Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why so serious?

Ah!! Finally I made it to the movie Dark Knight before it got removed from all theaters. And I am so damn excited!! What a shame it would have been if I were to be content watching the movie just on DVD?
I did watch it on DVD first though, and that made me think it to be too unfair if I dint catch the movie on big screen. I was overwhelmed with everything the movie had to offer, starting from the casting, the acting, the setup, the dialogues, the stunts and the story - is just ultimate.

Following the rage of movies coming out based on DC and Marvel Comics superheroes - Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine, DarkKnight stands out to be different. It shows batman to be just another mortal and with flaws, as a matter of fact, Will Smith tried to portray the same perception in his movie Hancock, but somehow it missed the intensity that DK carries through the entire movie.

I have fallen head over heels for Heath Ledger, pity he is no more. He is so good at being the Joker, and its hard to believe he was just 28 yrs old. What a talent! One has gotto see this movie for him atleast and I have no words to describe how much impressed I am with the movie. I am glad I dint miss it.

PS: Din't realize there was yet another sequel to Terminator coming up, its called Terminator-Salvation, and its got Christian Bale(Batman), well I am not gonna miss this one either. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both Heath Ledger and Christian Bale. Its a pity about Heath, really. Such a young talented guy, what a waste.

I've watch Christian Bale in 3:10 to Yuma and Rescue Dawn; became a fan without even knowing it.

raven said...

@rinchen i fell for heath in '10 things i hate about u' and christian in the tiny lil role he played in 'little women' and the earlier 'Batman begins'.
hmm.. 3:10 to Yuma and Rescue Dawn, i ve gotto catch up on this.

raven said...

@rinchen
forgot to ask. u ve seen the movie? u ve gotto.

FlyingHigh said...

You are tagged!

Anonymous said...

Nope, me not watched Dark Knight. Waiting for its DVD now.

You know, I buy DVD's regularly (I'm still yet to download them off the net) And my friends have borrowed but all of them. One of them has promised to buy Dark Knight. Am waiting for it to deliver.

raven said...

@flyinghigh oh! u tagged me!! nothing against getting tagged but the love tag??!! how inappropriate?

@rinchen u r a collector? my sis is one too,i am the other one-the snatcher :). wait for the original DVD, the one in the market n online doesn't do justice to the movie.

Arvind said...

Oh boy, did I love the movie? I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. It's a pity I couldn't finish watching it - a lovely Friday evening, what better than catching up a movie?